Add Windows image to WDS service
1. Mount the Windows ISO on the WDS server or decompress it with 7zip.
For the tutorial, I used Windows 7.
2. Open the WDS console, right click on Installation image 1 and Add an image group … 2.
3. Enter a name for the group 1 and click OK 2.
4. Right click on the group and click on Add installation image 1.
5. Enter the location of the install.wim 1 file located in the ISO source folder, click Next 2.
6. Select the Windows version to add 1 and click Next 2.
7. Confirm the addition by clicking Next 1.
8. Wait while adding the image …
9. The image is added to the WDS server, click on Finish 1 to close the wizard.
10. The installation image is added to the group.
We will now go to the configuration of MDT.